Make a Booking
We’re all no doubt looking forward to the return of normal fun after the Covid19 lockdown. Obviously we’ll be taking this into account, but you can make a provisional booking now for some future date if you like.
If you might be interested in organising a barn dance and would like to know more about how we might help, the first step is usually to phone us. There’s no commitment at this stage.
We can help answer lots of questions…
- If you’re not yet sure what you want or how we might help, please ask us.
- If you don’t know whether your budget’s right, please ask us.
- If you have practical questions concerning your event and need advice, please ask us.
Booking us should be easy and we’re here to help.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do you always have the same musicians?
- We have a core team of five musicians who perform for most events. As we all have other commitments too, there are occasions when one or two are unavailable; stand-ins would be called upon in such circumstances. We always try hard to ensure that the event organiser will be well satisfied, whoever takes part on stage.
- Do you always have the same caller?
- We work with several well-known callers and we always try hard to ensure that the event organiser will be well satisfied, whoever takes on the role.
- Can you work with my preferred caller instead?
- We can work with anyone who knows how to teach dances in our range of styles (mostly English ceilidh, with influences from Scotland, Ireland, Europe, Scandinavia and North America).
- How far will you travel to do a gig?
- We are spread over Hampshire and The New Forest, roughly centred on Romsey & Winchester. As a rough guide, we prefer gigs within an hour's driving. This covers all of Hampshire and The New Forest, includes Southampton and Portsmouth, and extends from Dorset to West Sussex and up into Wiltshire and Berkshire.
- Do you have public liability insurance?
- Yes, Spike Island Band is a member of EFDSS and they provide full public liability insurance for our events.
- Do you provide your own amplification?
- Yes, we have a well-specified and reliable PA system.
- Can you provide a microphone for our speeches?
- We have equipment available; please discuss what you want with us.
- Does your PA ever suffer from feedback?
- We have digital feedback cancellers as part of our PA. Feedback is almost never a problem.
Making your booking
Please phone the band to discuss your requirements.
Then please print this page and fill in the booking form (below),
and send us the completed form
Spike Island Band Booking Form
e.g. Wedding anniversary, Company Party, etc
Start / finish times:
Please enclose a deposit of £50 with your
booking (cheques payable to The Spike Island
Please ‘phone 01420 538255 to confirm arrangements.